Monday, September 16, 2013

The summer artist or what I painted on my summer vacation. Part 1

So, it's mid September. School is back in session all over the country and it's time for the annual look back- what I did on my summer vacation. I had a great summer! I quit a part time job and spent a lot more time drawing and painting. I tried to draw or paint something everyday. Admittedly, like most resolutions, this was broken a few times but I was fairly consistent through June and July.
The lid to a wooden memory box painted for a friend. Not too happy about the lettering, but I love the rest of it!





then there was the portrait of a peacock. I painted - and painted- and repainted. 





One peacock led to another: A peacock butterfly on a peacock feather against a rusty background.
I then turned to a couple of leaf studies.

So, here we are, June and July, with a few of my favorite things I did this summer.

What did you do this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment